There will be no more chemo.
Brian will be following The Budwig Diet.
For our family and friends who would like to know how we are doing and want updates on Brian and our journey with his pancreatic cancer.
Monday, May 2, 2016
Monday, April 25, 2016
Tough choices to make..
We got a call from Dr Sahai
The U of M specialists went over the ct scan and found that the mass on Brians pancreas is larger and "choking" his main artery.
He also has some blood clots, one is in his main artery. Im not sure where the other two are.
Dr Sahai wants Bri back on chemo right away.
Brian and I have not made a concrete decision on what we will do for treatment at this point.
He has been quite sick and throwing up every day.
He has been quite sick and throwing up every day.
Friday, April 22, 2016
Missed call
Ca 19-9 levels went up
3/21/16. 5,372
4/18/16. 24,729
We missed a call from Dr sahai. He wants to talk to us on monday.
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
April 18, 2016 Checkup
Good news! Everything is stable since the last scan.
Doc said "keep doing what you are doing and I'll see you in 10 weeks"
We are still trying to figure out the constipation issues.
Brian was given Movantik. (24 hours later: No change other than 20 hours of extra pain)
Brian did get blood work done for genetic testing today but we will not get the results for 4-6 weeks.
Doc said "keep doing what you are doing and I'll see you in 10 weeks"
We are still trying to figure out the constipation issues.
Brian was given Movantik. (24 hours later: No change other than 20 hours of extra pain)
Brian did get blood work done for genetic testing today but we will not get the results for 4-6 weeks.
Monday, April 11, 2016
New Findings
- We spent about 6 hours in the ER today. All his blood work came back fine. There is still moderate stool in his colon. He was given 3 mg of dilauded and it did not help. So they gave him 25 mg of ketamine. It helped. Weird though, he was dreaming while he is awake..They sent us home with an rx for dilaudid pills and we are to follow up with his primary and oncologist. They do not know what is wrong. (other than the obvious)We were also given the CT summery. It has spread to his lungs. There is a 3 mm nodule in his lung. The nodule in his liver is 1 cm. I am not sure about the pancreatic tumor. We will have more detailed, concrete information next week.I went online to our patient portal and read last February's report and it looks like that is when they knew about the lungs but did not tell us. I don't understand that.... You can bet I'll be asking why I wasn't told though.
Postponed
The Ann arbor trip has been postponed to the 18th. Mercy has not yet sent the CT scan over to Ann arbor so it would be pointless for us to go until they have that and can give us the results along with the blood test results... So we are going into the ER today. We are going to go to the ER at Mercy, where we usually go anyway, and hopefully someone can look at the CT scan and let us know what the hell is going on.
FYI: we have to get the CT scans done locally from now on because Brian's insurance comoany does not cover radiology at U of M anymore.
Thursday, April 7, 2016
Pain
Brian has been in nonstop pain for the last month. He gets a new CT scan on Friday and we see the oncologist on the 11th. We are anxious to find out what's going on..
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)