Friday, June 17, 2016

Meds

Brian has been in bed since last Tuesday 6/14 night. Wenesday 6/15 morning he threw up quite a lot, was having some kind of convulsions or shakes, and couldn't talk for most of the day. He was very weak. Hospice checked him out. The doctor said he expected this.  Since then, Brian has only been waking up every 6 hours (when I wake him) for his medicine. He is still quite weak. I got him up for a bath today and he was able to walk, with help, to the tub. He fell asleep as soon as he was in the water. I got him back out after I cleaned him, the room, and changed the sheets. He said it was too much work and didnt want to do it again. I think he fell asleep before his head hit the pillow. 

Brian has been quite irritated everytime I wake him for his medicine.  This morning I put a dissolvable zofran under his tongue and he grabbed it out of his mouth and threw it on the floor. I asked him why he did that and he replied "It wasn't  working"

Once yesterday Brian refused to take his medicing at all. I told him "you can take it orally, or Ill give it to you anally"
He was very willing after that. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment